FAQ
Search
Memberlist
Usergroups
Register

Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

download ?

Reply to topic
   LeahHTTPd Forum Index -> TEST
View previous topic :: View next topic  

freddie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: download ?

where can i download the install files for this translation mod ?

(not all the languages are working btw, if i want to translate a post, only the major languages (french, english, german, ...) are working)

thx

dnakata
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

well, it uses babelfish to do the translations. whichever languages are supported by babelfish from A to B work, and some extra translations can be done by using English as a middle-language (eg: Japanese -> English -> Spanish) but the translation is poor enough just going straight over that it really isn't worth it.

Anyway, when I have it complete enough to download and use, I will post it here.
Visit poster's website
Jabber

dZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:
Translate...

Hello,

First, I must say that it is really a luck for me to join u at least and I am really happy ! ...I don't understand all about Jabber clients ( there are too much, and not even one of these, I tried, permit me to enter ur link Sad

So, I tried to find others infos to ask for some help in installing ur mod, like Freddie wants. I was coming from PHPbb boards where I let u a private message ( there is a few weeks now ) and I try to register here to the forum, bit it did not function... ( Well a bad manipulation, and a lack of luck, I guess... ) I thought then that the forum was locked... Crying or Very sad

Then, I was about to ask some help from my forum members with Jabbers in order to join u, when I saw the Freddie Post ! Cool ! I try to registre and this once it works great... ( ??? )

I should tell u that the first message that linked me to you was the one you posted in the time on the PHPbb boards. And that, in the few weeks spent, it has dissapeared ! You can try here to see that it is still on google, but no more "alive" in fact :
http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=translate+phpbb+post+dnakata&btnG=Rechercher&meta=

Well. Perhaps, if u finish to do what u told, it could be a good idea to make new links because ur hack is a great idea, and u did it very well. I am sure a lot of people would enjoy to use it on their board. I explained u why I wanted it on the mine, in the MP you have on your PHPbb account. ( I don't want to write more and more here or you are about to hate me ! )

So, just a big THX for the hope and may the force be with u and ur release !

P.S. I tried to do it alone, and I even saw the code-source javascript in the HTML generated code, but, I feel a little confused on all what may have to be done in the PHPbb class of viewTopic... I think that u could release here a copy of your full PHPBB install, before the final one and that we may appreciate so much this; but I don't want to prevent you from doing what you planed, so... On the other side, if you are on others projects and do no have time enough, we could then help you to isolate the process... But, well I stop attempting to convince you and I go back sit down gently... Just Hope ! Razz

Visit poster's website

dnakata
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, well there's the snapshot you asked for.

Minus forums/config.php and the database schema, just post any questions you may have.
Visit poster's website
Jabber

dZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:
Translate...

Sorry, but I don't understand : Which snapshot, please ?

I was "only" asking for an archive with the content of the installed test-forum ( but only if it wouldn't be something disturbing you : I can also wait, even if, well, I am really impatient about it to be released ! Laughing )

Then, I was just wondering if it would help you to share only your edited files for the translator, or all of the PHPbb install, if u don't bother about that : I don't know how 'far' is ur own PHP classes from the original PHPBB sourceCode, but I guess I could find what is needed in order to make working the translator whan I will see it as I sometimes make my own mods.

Perhaps, if you would like me to, on the way to isolate the process for my own forum, I could then write the how-to for you, so then you would'nt have to do it. I don't know if I am asking for "too-much" ? Whatever, please, tell me ! Razz

Edit : Well I have seen the new download linked... I have taken it : Perhaps will it be enough ? Thank you to sare it, whatever. Smile

Visit poster's website

dZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject:
Translate...

Hello,

Ok, sorry for double-posts, I just wanted to tell that I am proud to have made it at least : Thank you so much !

I started to isolate the process but it could take me some more time to make it proper enough if you want me to finish it : I then might do this asap, but I can't tell when it will be done for now, since I have a lot of work in late in next weeks ! ( No matter : I will find time if it is needed : The lesser thing I could do ! )

Well I still encounter a weird issue which make impossible the final translation... Grrr... All is well requested, after a few hours explorating the PHP classes, I have no more PHP errors; the javascript "alerts" give the good sentences, but the thing which appears in my iFrame is a copy of my login page, once translated... Instead of what is contained in the textArea...

It seems that whatever the way I do "viewTopicRaw.php" it gives the good result in Firefox while alone, but no longer when I link it to Babel Fish... Didn't you have the same problème, please ? Would it be a security issue, some kind of thing I should disactivate in PHPbb admin ?

I am on the last PHPbb 2.021 and otherwise all seems ok. There is also a little problem with old posts posted before installation of the mod ( the scripts try to convert in the same language as the source... ) It could be ruled with database workarounds, but, on my side, I needed only two languages, for now... So, when source and destination are the same, I just switch. With more languages it could be possible to make switch to a default language or to make some kind of language estimation ( more difficult !!! )

If you have some infos about my weird problem, I would, one more time, be very helped. If not, I will probably find a work-around I will be able to add to your Mod-install readme ! Rolling Eyes

Edit : Ok, it was beacuse of the special rights on the section where I did my tests...It is working great on the others basics sections. I suppose it could be possible to find a work-around for this ( I tried a little in editing all about sessions and cookies, but I have no the level to be sure I am not doing some kind of terribles mistakes doing this... Once again, I needn't this to be perfect for my own, and i find it really cool as it is now ! Thank you a lot again ! I will come back in a few days if I will have had the time to write the readme for install.

Visit poster's website
Reply to topic
   LeahHTTPd Forum Index -> TEST All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: